Tuesday, August 5, 2014

2014-2015 School Year

Hello All,

We are beginning another year and hopefully I can make Social Studies your favorite subject.  This year I will be teaching 6th, 7th, and 8th grade Social Studies.  It is my hope that this website will become a useful tool for students in my classes.  The information provided on the website will be covered in class but many find that they enjoy having access to the material for review.  Here is how it can be useful to you:

1. Posted Unit Notes: I will post the classroom notes for the entire unit (usually a unit is 3-4 weeks long).  There is a spot on the website for links for each grade.  Notes will be posted when we begin a new unit so if you miss a day, you can still access the notes or you can use it to review the entire unit.

2.  Posted Videos: When I can, I will post the links to the videos and video clip that we watch in class.  In a typical unit, there are several clips that can be helpful.  I will also post some supplemental clips for those who crave more knowledge.

3.  Project Rubrics/Additional Info: When a class has a specific project, field trip, etc., it can be helpful to access the rubrics and guidelines online.  As these projects and events come up, I will post information that you may find helpful.

Note: The website will only be updated when I have new notes or information to post.  This will not be every day (typically it will be a couple of times per month).

No comments:

Post a Comment